Luxuryloft: The leading New York luxury property specialists for buying, selling and renting apartments and townhouses, mostly in Manhattan.
Enhance Your Property
Here are some ideas for enhancing the ‘showing potential’ of your home when selling:
- Remember: Most untrained buyers look at furnishings and décor before they see the fundamentals of the ‘space’. Furnishing an apartment weel is a smart investment. Art work can often substitute for a less impressive view.
- Everything should be cleaned thoroughly.
- Tidy up the place! Buyers get confused by clutter, and distracted from the positive elements about your space.
- Have your windows professionally cleaned.
- Dirty walls should be re-painted if possible.
- Any signs of water damage, cracks or holes should be repaired. Cracked or broken windows or mirrors too!
- Floor tiles and walls tiles should be re-grouted.
- Will your home’s value increase if you renovate the kitchen and bathroom/s? This needs to be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Consult a specialist.
- How light is your home? Would additional lighting enhance the space? Increase the wattage of existing lights, if dark.
- Scented candles help reduce odors. Bad odors distract buyers.
- Fresh flowers or plants always make a difference. Window boxes with plantings enhance a bad view.
- Sanding and re-finishing wood floors or removing/replacing worn carpeting could be a minor expense compared to the selling price gains. Consult a specialist.
- Replace/remove items of furniture to improve the value image of the space. Renting an expensive chair could adjust the buyer’s eyes to the possibility that the space too is very expensive-looking. Consult a specialist.
- Your doorbell should work perfectly (first impressions)
- What can you do to enhance a bad, or no view... Learn trade secrets about ‘expanding’ space. Consult a specialist.
- Replace light bulbs with incandescent light, preferably on dimmers....especially for the winter months. Fluorecent lighting is un-flattering.
- Subtle addition of accessories to 'warm' up an apartment can be valuable.
All information regarding a property for sale, rental or financing is
from sources deemed reliable. No representation is made as to the
accuracy thereof, and such information is subject to errors, omission,
change of price, rental, commission, prior sale, lease or financing, or
withdrawal without notice. All square footage and dimensions are
approximate. Exact dimensions can be obtained by retaining the services
of a professional architect or engineer.
Website design by Version Industries